Sunday, June 07, 2015

Chazak

So it's been 5 years and I'm finally finishing my residency in general surgery. Been a tough road and by far the most difficult and challenging thing I've done in my life. Here's a gem I made awhile back. Seems like a fitting way to commemorate.


Exodus 40:


You shall bring the Table and prepare its setting; bring the Menorah and kindle its lamps...


You shall place the gold altar for incense before the Ark of the Testimony...

and emplace the Curtain of the entrance to the Tabernacle.




You shall place the Laver between the Tent of Meeting and the Altar, and you shall put water there...




You shall take the anointment oil and anoint the Tabernacle and everything that is in it...




sanctify it and all its utensils...


You shall bring Aaron and his sons near to the entrance of the Tent of Meeting, and wash them with water...




You shall dress Aaron in the sacred vestments...and his sons you shall bring near and dress them in tunics...





...and they shall minister to Me...an eternal priesthood for their generations.



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, but the patients the priestly author was writing about had a 0% survival rate. ;-)

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Ha. Pretty good man.

Baal Habos said...

Lol, very cute.

It also goes to show how the human mind loves to look for patterns, and they find it in what interests them.

Nice Jewish Guy said...

How apropos for someone toiling in the House of God.

Yeshivish Atheist said...

Great stuff. I liked this a lot.

Garnel Ironheart said...

OMG, my whole surgery rotation flashed before my eyes...

frumheretic said...

Next time I bring a sheep korban, I'll send you the stomach, jaw, and right front leg. Just tell the hospital it's for medical research...

alex said...

Perfect sequence! I wouldn't, umm, altar a thing.

e-kvetcher said...

Clever!

Anonymous said...

I do hope you consulted HIPPA when you posted these pics! and my cuz on here as well - eek!
-the other ari

Shalmo said...

You aren't very funny Orthoprax

resh lakish said...

Awesome! Ironic that kohanim have difficulty (and in some opinions aren't allowed to) go through medical school.

SearchinForMeaning said...

Haha, very creative. My favorite incense in the OR is Polymethylmethacrylate (PMM), for you Ortho (Orthopedics, not Orthodox) folks. Love the smell of that stuff. Raiach Nichoach.